Small Bathroom Remodel
When you look at bathroom design inspiration, you’ve probably noticed that most of these pictures feature beautiful, spacious designs. Of course, the reality is that many of us have smaller bathrooms in our homes. Here at Atlas Home Improvement, our goal is to help you make the most of whatever space you have, so your bathroom works better for your family’s needs. If you’re planning a small bathroom remodel, we can help you develop a design plan that maximizes the space in your bathroom for a price that fits your budget.
Are you interested in learning more about our bathroom remodeling services? Please don’t hesitate to call us at 734-259-4374 or contact us online to chat with our experts about updating your bathroom.
Starting Your Small Bathroom Remodel
We have experience remodeling bathrooms of any size! Whether you want to update your downstairs powder room or you want to make your small primary bathroom feel a bit bigger, we are here to help guide you through the process of deciding which changes will make the biggest impact.
The Biggest Pain Points of Small Bathrooms
When we work with local homeowners on small bathroom remodels, there are a few common problems we see most often. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, then it’s time to think about remodeling the space.
- Lack of storage space: Small bathrooms often don’t have extra storage space like linen closets. In that case, it’s normal for bathroom clutter to take over the space, making your small bathroom feel even more cramped.
- Not enough natural light: Many small bathrooms don’t have windows, which means there’s no natural light coming into the space. The lack of lighting can also make the room feel smaller.
- Awkward layout: If your small bathroom has an odd shape, it can feel more crowded than it actually is. With the help of a remodeling expert, you can identify small changes to make that will have a big impact.
Remodeling Tips to Make Your Small Bathroom Feel Bigger
Whether you have the budget for a big or small remodel, there are a few things you can do to instantly make your bathroom feel more spacious. Here are a few of our favorite small bathroom remodeling tips to help you maximize the space.
- Use mirrors to your advantage: Instead of having just one mirror above your vanity, consider incorporating more mirrors into your design. Since the mirrors reflect light, they’ll give the illusion of more space in your bathroom.
- Add storage to your shower: Keep your shower floor from looking too cluttered by adding storage shelves to hold all of your favorite products.
- Keep things light: When choosing a color scheme for your small bathroom, opt for light colors for a more open look. Chic white shower walls can make your bathroom look bigger and give the space a classic look that won’t go out of style.
The Most Important Features to Include in Your Small Bathroom Remodel
No matter what kinds of ideas you have in mind for your small bathroom remodel, there are a few key features that will make the biggest impact. Keep these in mind when planning your project.
- Floating vanity: Installing a floating vanity in your bathroom frees up floor space, which you can use to your advantage.
- Glass shower door: Choosing a glass door for your shower instead of a shower curtain can trick the eye into thinking the room is bigger.
- Pocket door: Clunky doors that swing into your bathroom take up valuable space. Consider replacing them with a sleek pocket door.
Why Choose Atlas Home Improvement?
When planning a small bathroom remodel, it’s important to work with a contractor who will have your best interests in mind. When you choose Atlas Home Improvement, you can feel confident that we’ll help you make the best decisions to maximize space in your bathroom.
Schedule Your Small Bathroom Remodel Today
Small Bathroom Remodel FAQs?
Do I need to add an exhaust fan during my small bathroom remodel?
In most cases, yes! Humidity is more likely to get trapped in a small bathroom, which can lead to mold and mildew growth. Adding an exhaust fan to the space can help keep the area dry.
Should I choose a tub or shower for my small bathroom remodel?
Most people choose a walk-in shower for their small bathrooms since they can have a smaller footprint compared to tubs. This helps make the room feel bigger.